People in the lab
- Daniel Gavin - Associate Professor; Paleoecology, Forest ecology, Biogeography
[Google Scholar publications][Researcher ID]
Research associates and affiliates
- Erin Herring - Paleoecology, biogeography, palynology.
- Lauren Hendricks - Climate change, ecology, fire history and disturbance regimes, spatial analysis, cartography
- Geoffrey Johnson - Forest Ecology, Environmental History, Climage Change, Human-Environmental Interactions
- Chantel Saban - Paleoecology, fire history, Great Basin, human paleoecology.
- Kate Hayes - Paleoecology, climate change, fire history and disturbance regimes - coast redwood
- Brynn Harrison - Undergraduate thesis student, 2015-2016. Characteristics of sediment dating to MIS 2 and MIS 3 in the Oregon Coast Range.
- Christoph Schwörer - Postdoctoral researcher (2014-2016). Treeline dynamics on the Olympic Peninsula, WA.
- Wade Martin - Clark Honors College Undergraduate Thesis. 2015. Historic Douglas-Fir Colonization And Land Use Practices At Preservation Sites Near Eugene, OR.
- Ariana White MS Student 2012-2014. Thesis: Postglacial vegetation change in the interior temperate rainforest of British Columbia.
- Erin Herring PhD Student 2009-2014. Thesis: Late Quaternary and Holocene Paleoecology of Interior Mesic Forests of Northern Idaho
- Alanna Young MS Student 2012-2014. Thesis: Analysis of Spatiotemporal Variations in Human- and Lightning-caused Wildfires from the Western United States (1992-2011)
- Dave Fisher MS Student 2010-2013. Thesis: Postglacial Transient Dynamics Of Olympic Peninsula Forests: Comparing Predictions And Observations
- Kenji Izumi PhD student. Thesis: Application of Paleoenvironmental Data for Testing Climate Models and Understanding Past and Future Climate Variations.
- Aquila Flower PhD Student 2009-2013. Thesis: Western Spruce Budworm, Climate, and Forest Fire Interactions in the Interior Pacific Northwest: A Multi-Century Dendrochronological Analysis
Now Assistant Professor, Environmental Studies, Western Washington University.
- Jenn Kusler MS student 2009-2012. Thesis: A 7500-Year Paleolimnological Record of Environmental Change and Salmon Abundance In The Oregon Coast Range.
- Ian David Crickmore MS student 2008-2011. Thesis: Interactions Between Forest Insect Activity and Wildfire Severity in the Booth and Bear Complex Fires, Oregon
- Jaime Dexter-Enriquez (Interdisciplinary Studies M.S. Student): Ethnobotany and paleoecology of Clovis sites in Oregon.
- Jennifer Marlon PhD student 2004-2009. Thesis: The geography of fire: A paleo perspective
- Daniele Colombaroli - Post-doc researcher (2007-2008)
Swiss National Science Foundation
Project: 2000-years of fire history and climate change in the Siskiyou Mountains
Currently at the University of Bern.
- Katie Argo - Undergraduate honors thesis (2007)
Project: The Relation of Precipitation and Annual Tree-Ring Growth of Douglas-Fir in Stands of Different Ages in the Western Oregon Cascade Range
Past interns and technicians
- Brynn Harrison - Organic matter records from the full glacial period in the Oregon Coast Range
- Thomas Barber - Macrofossil analysis from lakes cores from British Columbia
- Bryce Winkelman - Charcoal record of fire history in northern Idaho
- Kira Hoffman Visiting PhD student from the University of Victoria - fire and forest structure on Calvert Island, British Columbia (Winter 2015).
- Jessica Jones - Laboratory assistant 2014-2015
- Mieke Vrijmoet (Bennington College Field Work Term) - Pollen record from a 16-meter long, 14,000 year, lake sediment core from northern Idaho (Winter 2014).
- Emma Brenneman - Climate and volcanic tephra influence on sediment organic matter over the past 14,000-years from a levee lake in northern Idaho.
- Christina George - UCORE student, summer 2011; post-glacial biogenic silica record from northern Idaho. Christina was the most recent of four total UCORE students hosted in the lab.
- Sam Somerville (dendrochronology) - Currently working for the USGS Western Ecological Research Center Las Vegas Field Station.
- Elizabeth Schneider - Tree-ring analysis from samples from eastern Oregon. - Currently a Masters student at the University of Tennessee.