Our research addresses the variability of past climates and the biogeographic and ecosystem consequences of that variability, with implications for gauging threats of ongoing climate change, land use, and population growth.
- Patrick Bartlein
- Paleoclimate model intercomparison
- Data analysis and visualization
- Vegetation modeling responses to past climate change
- Daniel Gavin
- Quaternary paleoecology: Influences of natural disturbances and climate change on ecosystems on the time scale of centuries to millennia.
- Multi-proxy studies from lake sediments and tree rings.
- Refugia of biodiversity during the glacial maximum and other climate events
- Lucas Silva
- Soil-Plant-Atmosphere Interactions
- Terrestrial ecology
- Climate change impacts on natural and managed lands